sábado, 11 de junio de 2011

Leichenblässe

-You squeezed my hand so tight, and then your chest fell. All your strenght faded away. I cannot forget your face when you passed away. Your expression was so calm... Fuck, you left. All I could think in that moment was 'I am all alone now'. The situation was so maddening. I had a terrible tightness in my chest, and my temples were throbbing. I felt cold and heat at the same time, I was sweating and trembling. Then I fainted.
Sarah drank some water from the glass.
-Do you want some? Yes? -Sarah placed the mouth of the bottle on the surface of the mirror and slowly poured a trickle of water. She began to laugh.
-Anna, you always fool me! Now I have to wipe this mess... Wait here.
She went out of the room. Her mother was preparing juice in the kitchen. She looked at Sarah with watery eyes when she came in.
-Mom, where's the mop?
-Here you have... Sarah, please, have this juice. I prepared it for you.
-No, thank you.
-Sarah, please... It's just a juice... Please -her mother was crying.
Sarah took the mop and glared at her.
-I said no.
Sarah came back to her room and closed the door. She wiped the mirror and sat in front of it. She stared at the surface. She spoke again.
-People are trying to be my friend, and I hate all that compassion. They're not going to convince me. You are the one and only, the most true friend I've ever had. I'm sorry for my mom, but I'm already 16 and I can make my own decisions. One week has passed, and I haven't failed a single day...
Sarah frowned and looked down.
-I'm very cold all the time. And my stomach hurts like hell... But when I see you, I gather strenght to carry on. No doubt I will carry on, Anna... Dear, do you see what I see? You're as beautiful as ever, Anna, just look at your bones, I can see them all, you're perfect! But look at me... My skin is still rosy and thick enough to hide my real being. Anna, I want to meet you now, I just can't wait...
She put a hand on the mirror.


-My mother told me that if I don't eat, she will call the hospital. Now I'm not safe in my own home. I need to run away from it, but I don't know where to go. I cannot die in any which way, I must die like a princess, you know. Where can I go, Anna? I ain't got nobody in all this world... Only you, Anna, you've always been the only one who could understand me... And I need you, Anna. I can't bear this loneliness, I need to fill this emptiness within me... I just can't wait to meet you, dear. Tomorrow early morning, when my mother is still asleep, I'll break this mirror and take a big piece of it. I'll also take a blanket, and I will run to the cemetery. I will find water in the maintenance room... And I'll sleep next to you. If they find me I will slash my wrists, and if they don't leave me alone, I will do away with me... They won't catch me alive, anyone will stand in our way, Anna. I'll fight until the end, and I'll do my best to do it right. It's my only wish; to become a princess, and meet with you in the afterlife forever. It's not long till that...

No hay comentarios: